I only recently discovered this style of dress. Though I had seen it plenty times before, I never actually knew the term for it. Now I know - Steampunk. Born from the imaginations of Jules Vern, HG Wells and the like, steampunk is not only a fashion inspiration but also exists in literature, art and entertainment. Personally I love it. It's got that old-fashioned feel mixed with a kind of other-dimensional technology that makes it seem like the industrial revolution never ended and just continued on.

Below are some examples of steampunk including to blokes from the Brisbane Supanove event in 2008.


I love this cuadaroy bolero. It's just so funky.


Such a sweet jacket for winter. It looks so warm and awesome.  


This is classified as a wedding jacket which would be perfect for any hijaabi wanting to convert a traditional wedding dress into something a little more modest.


Just thought I'd throw this in here because it's such a good example of steampunk fashion.


And those guys at Supanova. Apparently they were dressed as anime characters from a comic series that's all steampunky.


So what do you think of Steampunk?

Again, if you're liking any of the abovementioned items (minus the 2 blokes at the end), just go over and search through my Etsy.com favourites on the side there.





5 Responses
  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Steampunk!
    The outfits, the pseudo era, everything ^_^

    It's just friggin awesome :P


  2. Alysha Says:

    Indeed! I am so getting into it.


  3. I love the wedding jacket. I think as short as I am I could pull that off.

    What, the blokes aren't for sale? Shucks.


  4. I don't see the jacket online, is it sold already? Oh my, you have sold all the beautiful dresses.


  5. Alysha Says:

    Ooh, I don't know - let me check if I have it in my favourites. Have a look in there a little later in case I found it.


Post a Comment