Ok, so I know I'm a little late with the greeting but oh well - better late than never! I've been on a small holiday and been very lazy with my blog (sorry guys!). This will be a slightly random blog as I am in the middle of completing a cool scarf for a friend's wedding and I don't want to post any pics yet (incase she gets on here before I send it!). It's so pretty though - I can't wait to share it with you guys!

Anyways, Sakeena over at Abaya Chic sent these pics to me ages ago and I'm only just now getting around to posting about them. I call this "Hollywood goes Hijaab", or something like that.

First up we have Susan Sarandon's daughter, Eva Amurri. I love this dress - it screams old school vintage style without flashing any of her lady bits (I know, charming, right?). I think I might actually make something like this insha allah. Won't be soon though - I still have this scarf to finish...




Now I don't really know who this is (anyone, if you know, please feel free to tell me!) but I love the green and black. Maybe not so low cut, but that can be fixed. I have a strange affinity for big foofy/poofy sleeves, as you may have figured from my past design posts, so this one is right up my alley.



Thanks so much, Sakeena! These are absolutely gorgeous dresses with just oodles of inspiration to be garnered (yep, I just said 'oodles').

Now for those who don't know what I've been up to over the last week or so, here's the reason: it's a web show I follow and these girls are awesome. They don't just do Twilight parodies either - Hilly does a mean Jack Sparrow. Check out their other stuff at http://www.thehillywoodshow.com/.

0 Responses

Post a Comment