Over the last couple of days I've had an idea brewing in my head. I have a few friends who are pregnant and I've come to realise how difficult it is to buy clothes that last all the way through the pregnancy.

So I've come up with an idea. It kind of reminds me of a victorian era dress/skirt except the top is sort of corseted so that it can be expanded as the belly grows. Here is a front view of it...




This is a back view. You can see how it slants downwards. I thought I'd leave the ribbons long but they can always be tied up if you don't like it like that.



This is a side view of the corset-like split. It has a panel beneath it that folds to the side when made smaller but allows for expantion when/if needed. Therefore this kind of skirt can be worn during pregnancy or any other time. They're not just for those with the baby in the belly!
There is one of these on each hip so that it can be let out equally.


I think I'm liking this one more than that other dress so insha allah I'm hoping to start this one instead! What do you think? Which colours do you think I should try with this one?
3 Responses
  1. Ni Says:

    Very innovative idea! Not sure about specific colours, but I'd go with something that looks flattering on larger bellys to accomodate for when they reach that stage.

    What kind of material are you planning on using?


  2. Alysha Says:

    Probably a cotton, something soft but not stretchy or the top part won't work. I'll have to do some trials first ;o) I might do some with a few different colours and then maybe a plain-coloured one.



Post a Comment