Whilst standing in an extraordinarily slow moving line at Spotlight the other day, I found myself drawn to a great big poster by the counter.



<-------------------------



All I can say is that I got way too excited. I instantly whipped out my notebook that I just happened to stick in my handbag that morning and started scribbling down ideas. I was thoroughly annoyed that hubby was next door in Supercheap Auto as I wanted to start browsing possible materials straightaway but was stuck in the horrendously painful queue. I wanted to pile the material in a cart and start cutting and pinning that very instant. Needless to say, I was just a little impatient.



So now this is my goal. It says I can enter as many times as I like so I may do two pieces insha allah. Let's see how we go with one first.

The pieces I have designed are meant for formal wear and are hijaab-tastic so that anyone can wear them, especially the sisters who can't find a non-sleeveless formal gown to save their lives.

I've posted three designs here because I WANT OPINIONS. Let me know which one you think I should make. The two big princess-y ones are going to have tulle bottoms. Once these are made and I've done all the pics for the comp, I will be putting them up for sale insha allah, most probably through Etsy.com. I will, of course, be keeping a picture diary of my progress on this blog so once I've got a chosen design, I'll be starting ASAP.

Here is what I've got.





Now, as anyone who's read any of my other posts would know, I don't do boring and normal-looking. I spent a year in Japan. Anyone who's been would know what I'm talking about. I don't do safe with my designs - it's all about going just a little mad.
This one has layered tulle underneath an overlay for the bottom.


Again, this one has a tulle bottom. I'm loving tulle at the moment obviously.

So there it is. If you like any of them let me know 'cos I want opinions!! Which one should I make???
2 Responses
  1. Sakeenah Says:

    hrmmmmm i think the last too pictures are awesome! you will so win


  2. Alysha Says:

    Thanks!! I am thinking maybe the last one. I am just in love with big tulle skirts at the mo.


Post a Comment