Flowing dresses, crazy patterns, an appreciation for the clothes rather than how much skin can be bared. Mind you, they did bare their amount of skin suring this time but the majority of love-child, hippy fashion was comprised of long dresses and foofy sleeves. The eccentric colours and patterns are amazing splashes across a bland landscape. To many clothes nowsdays are playing it safe with monotonous colours and repetitive patterns. I've always opted against conforming on this front and have recently purchased some truly awesome pieces of vintage that would brighten anyone's day. Below are some of them, their lines and patterns inspiring some of my more recent concepts.





I love an empire waist. Great for those who don't have the curves and are more like a ruler!



I have a thing for belts at the moment and dresses that need them, like this one. This one was just too cute to pass up. I think I might just have to design something just like it, especially with the belt...


One of my more recent designs was for one of my sisters for a party she is attending. As can be seen, the empire waist is incorporated but she opted out of long sleeves.







And the end product...


Until next time...

0 Responses

Post a Comment