For the surprise that was my parent's 25th Wedding Anniversary I set out to design and create some outfits for me and my younger sisters. Mine was hijaab-suitable whilst my sister's were more along there own tastes being 2 regular Aussie chick-a-dees. The theme was silver, naturally, so for about 3 weeks all I saw was silver. I was drowning in a veritable sea of silver satin so, to break up the monotony, I added some greens and purple. Keeping with my inspiration, I designed the 3 pieces with vintage in mind. Mine was long, slightly puffy-sleeved with big cuffs and a slight caftan feel to it. The belt was a thick elastic, satin petals and a diamante button. Here's what it looked like...






My middle sister's was very greek-goddess/maxi dress inspired. I believe I've already showed this one, but as it's part of this particular collection, I had to post it up again. It was fully lined with a green satin lining. It had an empire waist and had a great long sash that she used as a kind of rythmic gymnastics ribbon whilst dancing the night away. Here's how that turned out...






Finally, my youngest sister's was a meshing of the cute with a 50's summer dress. It turned out shorter than the concept but then, my sister is a long-long or short-short dress person, not somewhere in between. It too had an empire waist with ribbon under the bust. It was deco'd with purple, black, silver and green satin heart-like pieces, though 'hearts' was not the intented look. It too was fully lined, this time with purple satin lining. It was later modified so that the bottom of the dress was not frilled and the line of deco around the body was cut to look more freyed and less heart-like. Here is that piece...


So now I'mm off to design some more outfits and perhaps get on with making some of them too! Ciao!
0 Responses

Post a Comment